Monday, July 11, 2005

And he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

Turd Blossom is going down! That's right, Karl Rove has been named as the White House source who outed Valerie Plame as a CIA operative, playing politics with her life because her husband committed the high crime of pointing out the lies of the administraion about Saddam's "alleged" attempt to purchase enriched uranium from Niger. Here's the point in this post where any right wingers will jump straight to the comments and call me a Saddam lover, or an appeaser, or a traitor. Yet you've got a top level White House official who during wartime has aided and abetted the enemy by outing one of our spies. That there is the very definition of TREASON. So, this is the point where I expect all of the right wingers to stop making excuses for Karl Rove and show a little consistancy. I've heard my share of right wing squawkers saying that just criticizing the war is treason. So now that you've got something a bit more serious than that, I expect to hear some talk about sending this traitor first to Gitmo and then the firing squad. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure that the entire right side of the blogosphere will all of a sudden become awfully easy on acts of treason, imprisonment, and the death penalty.

I'll leave you folks with something to think about. If Karl Rove and Tom DeLay had to share a cell in federal prison, which one would be the butch and which one would be the bitch?

8 Comments:

Blogger Right On! said...

Well if Gitmo was where we housed prisoners charged with Treason then go for it.

But hey, if he gets thrown up on the block for outing this woman, so be it, he deserved it.

7/11/2005 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Right on, indeed! Based on a brief scan of your blog, you don't seem to be one of the shrill righties who blindly consumes whatever this administration shovels. Could you do me a favor and smack a little sense into some of the other folks on your side?

7/11/2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Ken Grandlund said...

To break from the loudly protesting masses requires critical thinking skills, something in short supply in all of politics in general.

7/11/2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Ken, I agree. I really like what you're doing and have a great deal of respect for the high level of discourse you're putting forward, though that's not necessarilly my style at the moment. Until the loudly protesting masses stop protesting loudly and start thinking more critically, I enjoy being a voice in that crowd. To put it in hip hop terms, I think that for every Chuck D out there, you've got a dozen Flavor Flavs, and I'm just stone cold lampin' yo.

7/11/2005 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Ken Grandlund said...

Thanks LT, and I'm not knocking on your stuff by that comment...only implying that people in general need to start thinking more for themselves before blindly following anyone else.

Loud rants are valuable as the expose issues that might get swept under the rug.

And thanks for stopping by my place too.

7/11/2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Gindy said...

Out of curiosity, why do you call yourself liberal traitor? Thanks.

7/11/2005 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Gindy, that is explained in my profile, but'll explain it again right here. People on the right throw the word "Traitor" around for anyone who offers any sort of criticism of the Bush administration, so I have turned it around and wear it like a badge of honor. If thinking for myself makes me a traitor, then I'm more than happy to call myself that.

7/11/2005 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Gindy said...

Thanks. Just curious. I just checked out your profile.

7/11/2005 02:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home