Thursday, July 21, 2005

Call me Monica!

I know where I'll be tomorrow night. I just saw this in the S.F. Weekly...

Washington Interns Gone Bad is a low-budget political-thriller film made by Jason Buckley on half a crappy shoestring, and it shows: Actors forget their lines, the framing is at times unforgivable, the video is somewhat punishing to look at. But overall, this is the stuff future geniuses make. Sample dialogue -- Republican Staffer: "Bitch, I'm gonna give you a beatdown, like George Bush beat Saddam Hussein." Democratic Staffer: "You mean you're going to give me a bunch of weapons and then fail miserably in your attempts to get me out of power?" R: "Shut up! I'm gonna fuck you up!" D: "The only thing you know how to fuck is the working class! Ha ha ha!" Elizabeth Croydon is hilariously evil and makes up for many of this movie's weeknesses. Interns screens at 7:30 at the Red Victorian Peace Center, 1665 Haight (at Cole) , S.F. Admission is $5, call 864-1978 or visit www.washingtoninternsgonebad.com

This is just like the kind of movie that this liberal San Franciscan loves! I checked out the website, watched the trailer and even watched the first 15 minutes of the movie itself, and it's funny as hell. The reviewer hit the nail on the head. What it lacks in production values, it makes up for in writing. And that Elizabeth woman is going to give me nightmares. I've always been a big fan of so-bad-it's-good cinema. I'll rent pretty much anything that has the name Troma on it. And it's great to see that people are making these kinds of movies with a political bend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home