Wednesday, November 09, 2005

California: Still Blue - Kansas: Still a Joke

Nice try, Arnold, but your propositions failed. You tried to chip away a woman's right to choose and it failed. You tried to weaken teachers and nurses unions and it failed. You tried to gerrymander our congressionali districts to try to get more republican seats in the midterms and it failed. You tried to let drug companies offer some ripoff "discount" plan and it failed. Perhaps the most arrogant of all your props, you tried to get around the other two branches of state government when it comes to writing the state budget, and thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster you failed. We neutered your ass at the polls yesterday, Arnie. If you had any political clout left from your record of chronic failure and your smears against the working people of this state, you sure don't have any left after wasting millions of dollars in your lame attempt to make our state a little more friendly to the Bush agenda. Good luck trying to get anything passed through the legislature. And good luck getting re-elected. Judging by his recent stunts, I would guess that Warren Beatty is probably gearing up to run against you. Besides being a solid progressive, he's a hell of a lot smarter and a better actor. Can Kindergarten Cop possibly take on Bullworth?

And in Red State news, Kansas has once again managed to make themselves the laughingstock of the world and it has nothing to do with the Snoop Zone, unless Snoop's real identity is the head of the State Board of Education. Kansans, if you want to get a real science education, might I suggest you go to college out of state, like perhaps here in the lovely Bay Area of California? Nobody in Berkeley will try to call their superstition a science and try to teach it to you alongside real science.

11 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Unforutnately, San Fran has succeeded in usurping the constitutional rights of its citizens to own a weapon.

Hand in all firearms by April 1st, I wonder if the criminals will follow that ruling. My guess... NO.

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

11/09/2005 07:29:00 AM  
Blogger Snoop said...

AW MAN, THAT WAS COLD! LOL!

DON’T BLAME OLE SNOOP FOR THIS ONE!

11/09/2005 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

James, it's scary, but I couldn't agree with you more about the gun ban. But like DC's gun ban, I don't think it will pass constitutional muster. I voted against it and urged my readers to, but I'm sure you know as well as anyone how knee jerky liberals can be about this kind of stuff. While I do defend the right to bear arms, I also detest the NRA, and I see this ban as a huge fundraising point for them.

And snoop, you're the only Kansan I know. I couldn't resist name dropping you, and I hope you'd do the same if you're blogging about my beautiful city by the Bay. I know you're a whole lot more intelligent than these fundie freaks who are crusading against science. Now if you would only stop enabling them by continuing to vote republican.

11/09/2005 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger James said...

It will be interesting to see crime stats after one year of this.

Florida passed their concealed weapons law a while back and crime rates dropped in some places, as much as 40%.

Knee Jerk anything is dangerous, and I wish more people would THINK before voting.

11/09/2005 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

That's the thing with these hot button issues that are aimed to appeal to people's emotions rather than their intellect. Do you think the average anti-choice person thinks about the ramifications of banning abortion? Like I've said, I am all for strong gun control and safety, but a ban just goes against everything our country was founded upon.

I wonder what else we could agree upon. Do you like Radiohead? How about Ween?

11/09/2005 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

You have the Gropenator as a Governor and you call us dumb hicks?

11/09/2005 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Jay, every state has dumb hicks. Half of the country are dumb hicks.

11/09/2005 04:32:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Glad to see your Guv get his comeupance, but I am all for the 2nd amendment. We made a mistake when we started disarming ourselves. The kooks are armed, we should be to. JMHO.

http://distanceblog.blogspot.com

11/10/2005 01:08:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

I absolutely hate to root for the NRA, but they did file suit against this law and I hope they can win it.

11/10/2005 08:49:00 AM  
Blogger Black Eyed Gurl said...

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!! Blame Kansas, I know I will from now on!

11/10/2005 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Of course, the Kansas decision opens up teaching Flying Spaghetti Monsterism in their science classes too.

11/11/2005 02:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home