Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rollin' down the hill, smokin' indo, sippin on Jesus Juice

Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind...

I heard about this on the news this morning and said to my wife "I'm getting a bottle of that! She wondered what kind of person would buy this stuff, to which I replied "people with a sick sense of humor like me, that's who." I'm glad to see that winemakers are finally starting to market to the likes of me. But why Merlot? Why not a shiraz, or a pinot? Like Paul Giamatti, I'm not drinking fucking merlot!

But enough about wine, Michael Jackson and Jesus... I need to urge all Californians who are reading this to get out there and vote today. Vote against props 73-78, and for props 79 and 80. The first batch of propositions are the wishlist of the extreme right and are all about redefining abortion in the state constitution, busting unions, redistricting to make California a red state in time for the midterm elections, and allowing a bad steroid brained actor to draft a state budget without any checks and balances from the other two branches of government. Also, San Franciscans should vote against Prop H, a citywide handgun ban that is downright Orwellian. I'm in favor of gun control to a certain degree, but this is ridiculous. A similar ban in Washington, DC was just found to be unconstitutional. And not that I really care what the likes of the NRA have to say about us, but enacting legislation that will actually confiscate legally owned handguns from private citicens will certainly be a huge fundraising push for them. So get out there and vote today. Terminate Arnold's fascist agenda, and don't get all knee jerky about guns. This has been a public service announcement from your friendly San Francisco Liberal.

2 Comments:

Blogger DBK said...

I just want to say that California makes the finest pinot noirs in the world. I am a lover of pinot noir, and was before that awful, overrated movie came out, and the best I have had have been from California. One year there was a Mont St John pinot noir (which still markets the pinot noir under that name even though the vineyard has become Madonna Estates, just across the street from Domaine Carneros, which makes another spectacular pinot noir) that was unbelievable. Length, complexity, balance, it was all there.

11/08/2005 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Yay! I never thought I'd see the day when there would be serious wine geekery on this blog. I'm a bit of a novice, but thanks to that movie, wine is becoming a little hipper. Overrated or not, Giamatti got robbed at the Oscars! My wife's family are big wine geeks (her uncle has been in the business in some capacity for years) so I get to taste all sorts. I also really like Pinot Grigio. I'm not a big fan of white wines, but I do enjoy that stuff a lot.

11/08/2005 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home