Thursday, December 01, 2005

Like shooting fish in a barrel...

Finding members of the extreme right religious lunatic frincge saying wingnutty stuff on blogs is not exactly the hardest thing to do. I usually ignore it, but occassionally I will come across a blogger so incredibly nutty that I just have to call them out and put them on display so that you, my dear readers, can point your fingers and laugh. Anyone who hangs around Blog Explosion is familiar with a blog called Machinery of Death. In battle of the blogs, he's got 2 wins (who voted for this guy twice???) to 168 losses and he tends to be the butt of many jokes in the shoutbox. In his latest screed of insanity, he goes after one of the greatest enemies of civilized society, Harry Potter:
When you allow a child to partake in the sick, filthy, disgusting Harry Potter phenomenon, you are essentially encouraging the child to rape, murder, and pillage in this uncertain world.
But wait, it gets better...
I am fearful of the outcomes of the Harry Potter books. Increases in masturbatory practices due to the "sexual tension" in the books; instilled beliefs that warlocks and witches can be anything other than evil; terrorism as a result of the insanity that comes out of the books; murderous rages.
Wait a second, did he predict terrorism because of these books? Last time I checked, the majority of terrorism in this world is being comitted by religious zealots, not fans of wizard fiction. But wait, the good doctor has a Hitler-riffic solution to all of this...
I suggest that we crowd into the streets and burn Harry Potter books and other paraphenalia
Fuckin' A! Let's burn us some books! Yeeeeeehaw! Please for the love of god let this guy be a parody. Like the God Warrior woman on Trading Spouses, this guy is not exactly good PR for people of faith.

12 Comments:

Blogger James said...

These are the same people that line up in droves to ban books.

"Finding members of the extreme right religious lunatic frincge saying wingnutty stuff on blogs is not exactly the hardest thing to do."

The same can be found of there counterparts on the left. I can name a dozen with my eyes closed.

12/01/2005 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger James said...

BTW, I have a similar rant on evangelists on my blog.

12/01/2005 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

The same can be found of there counterparts on the left. I can name a dozen with my eyes closed.

Of course, but I have more in common with the lefty lunatic fringe than their counterparts on the right. I think the lunatic fringes of each side can be scary in very different ways. I've definitely had it out with the lefty lunatic fringe on more than one occasion, usually over PC bullshit.

12/01/2005 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

PS, James, since you've stuck by on this blog and been polite despite the fact that we tend to disagree on the majority of issues, you've been blogrolled. It is nice to find the occasional common ground.

12/01/2005 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Life said...

I encourage you to read your bibles more carefully. You have also misunderstood my writing. Thank you ofr your interest and God Bless.

12/01/2005 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Doc, I'm beginning to think that you are parodying the religious lunatic fringe. If that's the case, then you are a master of the art, right up there with Jesus' General. If not, then you are really scary.

12/01/2005 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

Also, I would have to say that if you ARE running a parody site, you should try to point it out somewhere.

Otherwise we all assume you're a self righteous lunatic.

LT- thanks for the link... I'll add you to my "lefty" rolls.

12/02/2005 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

James, I think the best parody sites don't tell you they're parodies except maybe in very fine print somewhere at the bottom. I sent 3 angry letters to landoverbaptist.org before getting the joke.

12/02/2005 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Arlen Crawford said...

There are times when Christian extremists damage the cause of Christ with their unreasonable views. Harry Potter seems to be the latest. I remember when the Teletubbies were supposed to be a "gay" influence, when the Smurfs were evil (I forget the reason why) and on and on.

I think that if you carry most things to the extreme, damage usually occurs. Obviously,if you drink too much, you risk alcoholism. But if you eat too much chocolate, you risk weight gain or diabetes.

Unfortunately for people like me, many times we get lumped into the Christian extremist crowd because maybe 5% of our views are similar.

12/02/2005 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger James said...

Dr.Life said:
You have also misunderstood my writing.

How did we misunderstand that you declare gays and women to be second class citizens?

You sir, are the one who misunderstands.

LT- You really sent them letters?

12/02/2005 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

So tell me, of the Good the Bad and the Ugly... what would I classify as ;)

12/02/2005 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Arlen, you've more than proven yourself to not be an extremist.

James, I've never seen your picture, so I don't know about the ugly. I guess it would really depend on what you would do if you knew about a stash of confederate gold.

Did I really send who letter?

12/03/2005 06:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home