Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yeah yeah I know

It's been almost a week since I've blogged anything here. I've been trying to think of a funny and snarky way to sum up this whole week of Bush fuckups, defeats and moments of squirming which like any leftist blogger worth a shit I should really be gloating about. But this is the busiest time of the year and I barely find the time to gather a thought about anything that doesn't involve helping my wife paint gingerbread cookies or getting presents packed up and shipped back east let alone blogging about politics. So here's a little something that has nothing at all to do with politics or Christmas.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

My latest blog post (Tuesday) is about campaign finance and government reform efforts in the state. One thing I comment on is the proposal before the SF Board of Supervisors for publicly financed (in this case it should be called subsidized) campaigns.

12/20/2005 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Interesting points, Fred. I'd love to see money taken out of campaigning entirely. I'd like to see each candidate write an essay on what they would do, give one speech that would be carried on all networks as a public service (since we the people supposedly own the airwaves) and then maybe have a debate. Of course, this doesn't begin to address the issue of outside groups raising funds and running attack ads. Plus there's the whole issue of free speech. I think the solution around all of this is that we need to ban politics and politicians.

12/20/2005 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Agreed, at least in part... or maybe the whole part. Who knows?

Ok. I'm staying at SFL's place when we have to move to SF, for three months anyway.

12/20/2005 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

You can stay on a few conditions...

1) You bring down a hefty bag full of Humboldt's finest.

2) You're prepared to help Mrs. SFL with housework so I can do more paid work.

3) You don't mind sharing a 1 bedroom apt with a married couple and a newborn baby (soon).

Sound like a good living situation?

12/21/2005 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Myron said...

Liberal San Francisco is a waste of space on God's green Earth. STDs, abortions, homelessness and murder rate are shooting through the roof in San FranSicko

12/21/2005 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Myron, the fact that my city gets that sort of reaction from the likes of you makes the high price of living here almost worth it.

12/21/2005 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home