Friday, February 10, 2006

Quit Monkeying Around!

Anyone who reads this blog knows that I am not particularly dogmatic in my liberalism. There are definitely a few spots where my personal philosophy diverges from what people may expect of me based on political labeling and whatnot. Possibly the biggest part of what has been attributed to all liberals which I take major exception to is the concept of political correctness. While I don't think that it's some heavilly orchestrated leftist conspiracy to force people to think a certain way (at least not since the oppressive climate on some college campuses circa the early 90's), I do think that certain groups and individuals have really run amok with it making the rest of us liberals look kinda lame. So what's the latest outrage, you ask? Just one of my favorite childern's books, now a major motion picture voiced by Will Ferrel, Curious George. Apparently, it teaches kids imperialism and animal cruelty. Give me a fucking break! Those books were written over 50 years ago, for crying out loud! They're fun! There were always consequences to little George's curiousity. So he was plucked out of Africa by an evil white man in a yellow hat and was able to smoke a pipe and go all Hunter S. Thompson on an ether binge. None of that is as offensive as some of the WWII era Bugs Bunny cartoons and their portrayal of the Japanese (which despite their offenses were damn funny anyway). I hate it when I have to agree with a right wing blogger about anything, but nothing pisses me off more than a lack of a sense of humor, and few people are as humorless as the PC police.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I'm with you on this one 100%

2/10/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

I thought you might be.

2/10/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home