Monday, April 17, 2006

V for Vendetta


Last night my inlaws came to babysit so that my wife and I could go to the movies and we saw V for Vendetta. I'd been wanting to see this since I heard they were making a movie about it since I was a huge fan of the comic book. Everything you've heard about it is probably true. It kicks ass. The hero is a revolutionary (called a terrorist by the state, of course) who strikes against a fascist regime which was originally written about Margaret Thatcher's England in the 80's. But the similarities to the USA of today are striking. The "Voice of London" on the official state run TV station was very much like Bill O'Reilly and Fox News. The supreme leader talks a great deal about faith and about staying in power by keeping the population in fear. Citizens are spied upon and undesirables are taken away with hoods over their faces and tortured. Needless to say, those friendly fascists at freak republic didn't like it too much. Besides the much needed message of this film that the people need to wake the fuck up and tear down regimes like this, the acting was great and the action was top notch. If you haven't seen it yet, get your ass to the theater!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

That movie seems to be all the rage amongst libertarians, from what I've heard. Haven't seen it myself, though.

Of course, I'm not one to go to movies. I just wait until they come out on video.

4/18/2006 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Fred, if you like graphic novels, go and read it. Then pick up everything else written by Alan Moore that you can get your hands on.

4/18/2006 06:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a fucking faggot

4/19/2006 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Liberal Traitor said...

Wow. Just the type of intelligent political discourse I expect from Bush supporters. Good show, anon.

4/19/2006 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

Looks like a good movie... I've been wanting to see it for a while now... I'm waiting for the DVD as I despise movie theater prices.

4/20/2006 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home